Jeep Only Runs With Foot On Gas
I would first check the vacuum hoses going to the engine.
Jeep only runs with foot on gas. If any of them are loose or leaking this will occur. I have a 97 jeep grand cherokee. Some of the symptoms are. Battery and starter replaced about 1 year ago.
It takes about 2 min but can take up to 10 min of slowly feathering the throttle. The computer simply feeds a little extra gas through the fuel injectors to start the engine. The car will not start unless i give it a lot of gas and dies as soon as i take my foot off the gas pedal. As time has gone on started about 2 months ago this problem is an everyday occurence.
Ask your own jeep question customerreply replied 11 years ago. I have a 1999 jeep cherokee v8. If they are fine then the throttle body should be cleaned. Moreover because of being passionate to learn about the recent happenings in auto industry he doesn t only provide great car maintenance tips he also always updates latest trends in among car brands and share them in his own interesting viewpoint.
On the old carburetor engines you pressed the gas pedal before starting to set the choke position and give a squirt of fuel into the engine via the accelerator pump. My 97 jeep grand cherokee runs only when my foot is on the gas. Immediately go for a 10 minute drive. I have a 1996 jeep grand cherokee limted 5 2l v8 and if i dont keep my foot on the gas the rpms immediately drop to zero and the whole car dies.
If nothing turns up. This was necessary because the carburetor does not feed fuel as efficiently as a fuel injection system does at low starting rpm. Tsukasa s blog is one of the best resources for information about keeping your favorite imported car running smoothly. At first it did this once in a while and i was able to fix it by disconnecting the battery and it seemed to run fine for a while.
Randomlly when i first start it up it wont stay running unless i keep the gas applied. Sometimes it will start and run. If the engine runs fine when you are holding the accelerator pedal down and dies when you release it then you may have a couple of possible issues. If it is dirty it can starve the engine of air at idle.
Use the gas pedal to help the engine start.
- Chevrolet Aveo 2009 Horsepower
- Chevrolet Dealer New Jersey
- Chevrolet Avalanche Diamond Edition
- Chevrolet Captiva Vs Mg Hector
- Briggs Jeep Eagle Manhattan Ks
- Chevrolet Beat Que Tal Sale
- Chevrolet Autos Ss De Querétaro
- 2020 Chevy High Country Hd
- Chevrolet Bakkie Used Cars
- Chevrolet 1700 For Sale Korea
- Chevrolet Enjoy Diesel Clutch Plate Price
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler Key Fob
- Chevrolet Aveo 2011 Specifications
- 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Black
- Chevrolet Blazer Premier 2019
- 2019 Chevrolet Corvette Zr1 Horsepower
- Chevrolet Blazer Saudi Arabia
- 2020 Chevy Tahoe Premier White
- Chevrolet Cruze Hatchback Review
- Chevrolet Car Price In India